Friday, May 26, 2017

Songbird Fairy















Process 

First of all a big thank you goes out to my adorable photography assistant. 

 But anyway... Here is the unpainted face sculpt.  I normally get swept up in the excitement of sculpting the face and leave the hands and feet till last, but this time I left the face 'til last. 


I think my hand and feet sculpts benefited from the deliberate attention.

I learned to draw figures from the inside out, starting with gesture lines- then skeleton- then bulk it up with muscle and fat.  I use this same method for my puppets.  It makes for a dramatic form.


Very proud of these :)

 But what is a caged drag-queen-song-bird without some impractical wings and feathers?
Work it, madam! 







 Thanks for looking!





No comments:

Post a Comment